Thursday 16 January 2014

#100DaysHappy



As an avid social media fan, I am always on the look-out for campaigns that grab my attention, especially those that I can get involved in, myself. Personally, I find Twitter to be my ‘go to’ hub for information and I can always rely on the amazing people of the Twittersphere to let me know of anything new, especially @SpamellaB and @OriginalRogue (these girls know EVERYTHING!).


So, 100 happy days? But surely, that’s impossible! Well not according to this new social campaign!
They claim “We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.”
Which, in one sense, is very true. Sad but true.
They also say that 71% of people who do this challenge, give up half way through because they don’t have enough time.

Don’t have enough time to be happy? Insane!

Don’t get me wrong, I have days where I find myself in a downward spiral of not knowing what I want, or where I want to go and ultimately this makes me unhappy. I like to be in control of myself and my future – this isn’t always possible. But what is possible is making ourselves happy – pretty much forcing ourselves to smile, be positive and grateful! We need to make time to sit back, relax and realise how lucky we are, which can make us understand and recognise how happy we are. Happiness can be so easily misplaced in our complicated, busy worlds. Simple things like, both your eyeliner flicks are symmetrical one morning, you find £1 on the floor, someone held the door open for you, or someone said/did something to make you smile, it is very easy to get lost in moments and forget to smile.

This challenge is allowing us to take a few minutes, minutes we are surely entitled to, out of our day to document the things that have made us smile on that particular day, for 100 days. You can upload your images to your preferred platform i.e. Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.


CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!


I chose to use Instagram as this easily one of my favourite social platforms but I can also feed through to my Twitter.


If you’re planning to join myself and the many others in this challenge then register here 100 Happy Days and upload your images to your platform using the hashtag #100HappyDays or create your own! And let’s see if we can stop taking those lovely, little moments/people/memories for granted and just be happy.


Here’s my first #100HappyDays post, dedicated to my wonderful best friends who always make me happy! To see the rest please follow me on Instagram or Twitter @hopegorton



Hopeful
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment