Sunday 27 April 2014

Review - Solita NQ



Look here - another review! I've got to say reviews weren't ever something I thought I would do on this blog as it was simply for fashion related content, but some of the places I have been recently have been so good it would be rude not to share them with everyone.

This review is all about Northern Quarter based restaurant, Solita.

I didn't really know what to expect with Solita - I had never been before and didn't really know what was going to be on offer. So, when my friend got the job there we had no excuse not to go and try the food. 

I decided (like I always do) to look at the menu before I went - my friend hates it when I do this as she thinks it 'ruins the surprise' but I like to know whats on offer, as there's nothing I hate more than going somewhere and there is nothing you like or fancy eating.

The menu can only be described as one thing - unhealthy!
I looked at the menu and was immediately drawn to how unhealthy and greasy the food sounded! I'm not usually someone to turn down a good burger, but I felt uneasy knowing I was going to be eating something that is pretty bad for me!

But I went anyway and thought to myself it was a one off.

Oh my days - it was unreal!

First of all, I would recommend trying to book a table or going later on in the evening on a Friday, as we had to wait quite a while before getting a table. The staff were super reasonable and recommended that we went to Montpiellers (round the corner) for a few drinks. Well, this was the most disappointing of the night - our drinks took forever to make and were pretty disgusting once we got them.

I opted for a pretty safe Amaretto Sour, let me tell you it was a let down. I think the worst I've had - anyway, less about Montpiellers, more about Solita.

We got a call to say there was a table available and we couldn't wait as we were starving!

We were greeted by a waitress called Charlie, who was super cute and extremely accommodating! She put up with us very well.

We had a hot chicken wings (second spiciest sauce) and nachos to start - which were both gorgeous!

We got down to ordering the REAL food and here we our with our burgers.



         


They were massive! And I mean massive - we couldn't believe our eyes when they came out!
We all had something different and couldn't wait to tuck in.

UH-MAY-ZING!

A complete taste sensation! It was literally THE best burger I have ever had (and I've even been to America!)

The patty was cooked to perfection, the sauce was super tasty and the chips with cheese sauce and bacon - all to die for! I don't think I have ever felt so satisfied after a meal than what I did at Solita!

We ordered some drinks, a mixture of cocktails and wine (which obviously went down a treat!) I had a Peach Bellini at first, which was sweet but subtle and was a great cocktail to start with. We then decided we wanted something longer and stronger, so opted for a Long Island Ice Tea!

Now, this is honestly not an exaggeration... It was THE best long island ice tea I have ever had! I am a huge cocktail fan and have tried and tested every long island ice tea in every bar I have been too and not  a single one tops this! Usually long island ice teas are quite bitter and very 'alcohol-y' - which is what you expect with the amount it has in it, but this was something else. It was sweet as well as tangy, and was literally  the best tasting cocktail I have ever had, so much so I ended up having 6 more!!



I ordered the KFB ( I think)
Basically, it has bacon, cheese, jalepenos and pickles on it! YUM! Absolutely amazing!

My friend then ordered the oreo ice cream for dessert (the rest of us didn't have anything as we were too full!) but I had a couple of spoonfuls and OMG! It was insane! Literal foodgasm - it was so so good! So good in fact I could have stuck my whole face in the tub and eat until I passed out (or got severe brain freeze.) Next time I am definitely ordering a dessert - I feel like I completely missed out!

Charlie, our waitress was incredible! She gave amazing customer service and her manager should be proud to have someone like her on his team, as she went above and beyond with us. She laughed and joked with us, as well as recommending the food she thought we would like! She is an asset to Solita, as are the rest of the staff! I always find it difficult to find a restaurant with good food and good service, but Solita hits the nail on the head and performed incredibly.

The food, the drinks and the service were something to be admired and if the food wasn't so bad/unhealthy for you I would go every single weekend for my Solita fix! It was insanely good and I cannot wait to go back for my second go! 

It is definitely a 'treat' kind of meal but I swear, if you haven't been, you haven't lived!

Hopeful
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment