Friday 8 February 2013

New York, New York!



Morning Lovelies,
I trust you have all had a wonderful week so far? But guess what? It's the freakin' weekend :)
My weekend started last night as I have Fridays off from Uni and I couldn't be happier! Sometimes, you just really need the weekend to re cooperate and get yourself back on track! Weekends should be full of 'me time' where you can relax and do the things you want with no worries. Unfortunately, my weekend will be a mix of this and Uni work, well simply because, it won't do it itself and I have a deadline for Monday - Damn!

Moving on...

As many of you will  know as I have mentioned it a few times in my other posts that I am coming to the end of my time at University and will be ready to move into the real world in the next few months. Scary thought I know! So, this being the main thing I am focusing on at the moment I just can't help but think about my future and all the things I want to achieve. I have to stop myself sometimes from getting too carried away with myself as there is no point trying to predict a future that you have no control over. But, a girl can dream right? Which brings me onto my next, and main point, of this post. There is one thing I desperately want to do. It is beyond indescribable how much I want this to happen in my life & I know it will if I set my heart to it. I would for it to happen tomorrow, but the likelihood is going to be hoping to get there in the next 5 years and that is...


New York City. The place where dreams come true! I don't even know where this obsession and passion for the big apple even started, I'm guessing it was when I actually got to visit the place itself on a college trip with friends, it was the best 5 days of my life and I haven't forgot a single thing! But it stemmed even before I went on that trip. You see it in movies and TV Programmes, and of course I know most of the storylines and set ups are fake, but there is just something so magical about it. Something about it really draws me in and it just seems like my kind of place, a place where I could fit in really well and really make something of myself! Maybe, its just me being silly but I won't know that until I get there!




I just feel like I will find my happiness here! I've been looking for the past few weeks at jobs and apartments - so yes, I am deadly serious about this! and it all seems so real, but the best bit, it seems achievable! The moment I get there I know will be the best day of my life! Does anybody watch Glee?! I know this makes me a tad sad but I don't care because I have grown to love it. Whenever I watch Rachel and Kurt in NY it just makes me want it even more. Not only are they pursuing a life and building a career they have always wanted, they're having fun doing it and an added bonus, they have or are finding love in the big city! Everything that I could possibly want out of life. Falling in love in New York must be the most magical feeling and thing to happen to a person. This city for me makes the small, simple things in life seem like the big things, and it makes me feel like if I ever had a bad day or were feeling down all I would have to do is remind myself that I am in New York and look outside my window.


Will it happen? I hope so! There is nothing stopping me other than myself and my own fears. But like I said, a girl can dream right? :)



Hopeful
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment