Friday 7 December 2012

My Look


My Face;

I've done a fair amount of beauty blogs so far, so I thought I would show you what my face looks like on a daily basis and make-up products I swear by.


Throughout my teen life I have tried every make-up brand under the sun, and it wasn't until I was around 17/18 years old that I found the one and only Illamasqua. Now, I couldn't live without it! 

I use the Illamasqua light Liquid Foundation in 200 (£23.00).
I am not a huge foundation fan, as it feels too thick and heavy for my skin and usually turns me a funny orange color no matter how pale the colour was. I find a light coverage suits my skin more and allows it to breathe.

Out of all the make-up brands I have tried, Illamasqua, provides me perfect coverage and the foundation and foundation powder are the exact match to my skin - so there's no risk of any 'tide marks'.
The one make-up product I could NEVER live without is my Illamasqua foundation powder in 200 (£23.00), it looks fabulous matched with the foundation but is also great on its own if you want a more natural look. (Picture one in the collage is with both Light Liquid Foundation and Foundation Powder in 200)


My next must have product is my bronzer! I am 100% all for a natural make-up look in the daytime but who doesn't want to have a bit of colour? I love having a tan, but would never fake it so by using bronzer it gives me a warm glow on my face that I need to brighten myself up. I swear by Collection 2000 Mosaic Bronzer in Glow (£2.99) which is shown in picture 2 on the collage of my face (weird saying that!)

Now for the blusher! One of my favourite make-up products, ever! I have tried so many colours, and it is only recently that I have found a blusher that I am pleased with and haven't felt the need to change it. I use MAC Baked Minerals Blusher in Warm Soul (£19.00). It gives a really natural look and defines my cheekbones perfectly, with a subtle peachy, warm glow - really lives up to its expectations of being called warm soul (third, biggest picture in the face collage)




My Eyes;

Just like any girl, I LOVE eye make-up. I love experimenting with different colours of eyeshadow and styles, but nothing can beat my daytime look. The pictures aren't that great as I took them quickly before I went to Uni but you'll get the drift.


I try mascara all the time! Every time I use a Mascara and need a new one I never stick to the one I've had previously as I like to try, test and compare different brushes from different brands. I am currently using Number 17 Va Va Voom Mascara (£6.99). I really like the current Mascara I'm using, it makes my lashes look really long, and after a couple of coats gives a natural yet dramatic look.


I have a huge love for Eyeliner! I never, ever, ever leave the house without it on and I feel like I have perfected the look (in my personal opinion) and eyeliner flicks have become a second nature to me (bad picture, like I said) I just feel it opens up my eyes and brings a whole new level to my make-up look. I do not like the stiff brushes, I prefer the soft brushes as I feel they are easier to control. I swear by Collection 2000 Eyeliner. 

This is my picture, courtesy of Confessions of a Caged Bird (http://confessions-of-a-caged-bird.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/product-review-natural-collection.html)


My Lips;

Again, this is my more natural look. I have a crazy obsession for Lipstick and have possibly every colour under the sun. 


This is one of my favourite Lipstick colour, a cute pink colour with a matt finish (Illamasqua Lipstick in Obey £16.00) for a more natural look which doesn't take away from the rest of the make-up. 


However, the only criticism is that this lipstick can feel rather dry, which is not a good look in the winter months and chapped lips, so I usually team this lipstick with a pearl coloured lip gloss from H&M (£2.99) to bring a shimmery look to my lips, prevent them from drying out and completes my face for the day.


There you have it! My everyday make-up look :) Hope you enjoy reading and get some inspiration on what products to use in the future.
Hopeful
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment