Friday 18 January 2013

Fashion at the Golden Globes


Hey Lovelies,

We all know that around this time of year, with all the award ceremonies going on, this is where celebrities have all eyes on them when it comes to what they are wearing. If you're anything like me, you don't necessarily always watch the ceremonies or listen to the speeches on the TV. I tend to wait until the next day where I hear all about the best bits and youtube them later (I'm a bad person I know!) but what I always do is stalk all the possible online fashion magazines waiting for the first picture that is leaked of whatever celebrity is chosen. I reckon it could be compared to when you're in class and the teacher asks you a question and everybody in the room has the ability to answer but no one wants to put their hand up first and even worst no one wants to be picked on by said teacher first. As soon as you open your mouth you're judged based on whether what you say is right or wrong. Its exactly the same for the celebrities, they are waiting for that first picture to taken and leaked into the press and then wait for their judgement to roll in based on what they have chosen to wear - whether right or wrong (opinion).

Some of the fashion choices that were made at this years Golden Gloves have been amazing! And some key trends were easily spotted through out the night. I have been through most of the celebrities and have chosen the dresses that I thought looked incredible and really stood out throughout the whole night. All the pictures I am using in my blog are courtesy of Cosmopolitan Magazine

A huge trend that was spotted on the Red Carpet was the Nude! I personally love nude as it's a colour that you can't really get wrong. It's underrated but oozes glamour and can even have hidden sex appeal as it is the same colour as your skin. Here are some celebrities who got it right;


Megan Fox and Isla Fisher - both women look absolutely incredible in their nude choices of the night. While Megan's was very simple and didn't have much detail, Isla's oozed vintage glamour with the jewels that covered her dress. Out of the two I definitely prefer Isla's dress but you can never fault Megan Fox as she always look incredible and constantly exudes sex with her pouty lips, raven coloured hair and sultry eyes.


Amy Adams dress of choice screams 'PRINCESS'! I absolutely adore it! I think it's just simply stunning and by keeping her hair and jewellery to a minimum it doesn't take away from the dress and let's it shine in all its glory. Now, I have a huge love for Kelly Osbourne anyway! She has made some pretty horrid fashion choices in the past but she could totally be classed as one of the most fashionable women around atm. She's really turned her image around, especially with her job on E!, and she just looks fanastic! Here dress is again rather simple but the peplum at the bottom gives a 3D, futuristic look which just completes the look. It is a rather plain choice for Kelly as she usually likes to break the usual modes of fashion but I suppose the lilac coloured hair makes up for it this time.


Two of my favourite women right here! In my opinion, these are two of the most stunning women in the celeb world. Amanda Seyfried has this innocent and virginal look about her and in this dress it completes the look to a tee. She looks radiant, like an angel. Her hair is to die for and makes fashion/beauty look so effortless. Moving on to the curvylicious J-Lo! God, that woman's curves are absolutely stunning - I think I may have a case of the green eyed monster. Whilst the Golden Globes were going ahead Kelly Osbourne actually tweeted during the night exclaiming how sexy Jennifer Lopez is. This dress is easily the sexiest dress that was seen over the evening. It gives the illusion that she's actually wearing nothing other than white lace to cover her modesty. I adore this dress on Jennifer Lopez but I do think it's simply her the reason why it looks so amazing! If anyone else were to dare this to a red carpet event they wouldn't pull it off as well as Miss Jenny from the Block does.


Wow, doesn't Anne Hathaway look amazing? Although this is more white than nude it could still be put into this category. Anne has recently lost a lot of weight and cut off all her hair for her role of Florentine in Les Miserables (which btw, is absolutely incredible! Possibly the best thing I have seen in the cinema for a long time so you must go and see it if you already haven't). She totally rocks the look! Anne obviously has one of those faces that could pull off any hair style, JEALOUS! She looks stunning in her simple white gown that strangely resembles a wedding dress! Beautiful :)

Another trend that was a popular choice throughout the night was red/orange! A colour choice I don't think I would have ever guessed would have been a huge hit on the red carpet, but alas it has proven to be very popular and has even been pulled off thanks to these gorgeous ladies.


Jennifer Garner and Jessica Alba are two of the celebrities who chose to tango their dresses for the red carpet event, and don't they look fabulous?! Out of the two I definitely prefer Jennifer Garner's as it is so simple with a shimmer of silver going through the dress, it shows off her gorgeous figure while still keeping its elegance. Jessica always looks beautiful, she can pull off anything in my eyes. This dress being one of those things. I personally would have stayed away from this kind of dress as it looks a bit like a meringue. But kudos to Jessica and her stylist, the dress flatters her from top to bottom and accentuates her killer body and her loose, wavy hair adds to the dress rather than over complicating the outfit. 


I adore Zooey Deschannel, she is gorgeous and funny! There is no way someone should have the whole package like that? But alas perfection does exist. Usually I would have never put a dress of this colour near anybody who is as pale as Zooey but she totally rocks it and proves to us woman that you don't always need to fake tan to look glamorous in your dress. The colour and style isn't something I would have dressed this beauty in but it works regardless. Jennifer Lawrence's colour of choice is more of pinky orange rather than a burnt orange. I have to say the colour of the dress does wonders for the actresses hair colour - she looks amazing. I'm not 100% certain on the black patent belt around the waist as the colour is so bright, but either way this lovely lady pulls it off. Both these style of dresses remind me of typical prom dresses.

Possibly my favourite colour, ever, Plum! This colour looks amazing on anyone and really fits in with the cold, winter months. Both these super stunning ladies rock the colour perfectly and I congratulate them on being at the top of the Golden Globes fashion stakes!


Eugh, just looking at the picture of Miranda Kerr makes me enter a rage of jealousy. She is just incredibly beautiful, and don't her and Orlando Bloom make a perfect couple? Yuck! Anyway back to the dress! This, again, like alot of the dresses of the Golden Globes, is rather simple but completely effective. This dress is extremely elegant but has a slight sex appeal with the plunging neck line... Did I say slight? I totally meant HUGE amount. Ok, so I'm going to admit something here and many of you might not like it. I actually don't really like Taylor Swift. SHOCK HORROR! But I have to give the lovely lady credit for excellent fashion choices. I actually think this is my favourite dress of the night as it is something I would wear to an event such as the Golden Globes. Not that I have or will ever be invited to such an event. The colour is absolutely gorgeous and little miss Swift looks beautiful. It gives the slender singer enviable curves and a figure to lust over. 10 out of 10!

Like the famous, late Amy Winehouse said 'Back to Black' these lovely celebs did just that at the Golden Globes. You definitely can't go wrong with a classic, black gown. And these ladies didn't disappoint.



New mum Adele looked absolutely stunning in her usual, play safe black dress. Not only did she look fantastic she has obviously lost a lot of her baby weight and looked incredibly healthy, and glowing! The  lady was very successful at the Golden globes picking up an award for her amazing James Bond theme tune, Skyfall. How sexy does Kate Hudson (always) look?! She looks absolutely incredible and I adore her as an actress. Has anyone managed to catch her in Glee recently? She plays an amazing character and has brought a whole new level to the TV programme. I think both these ladies looked incredible at the Golden Globes and definitely rocked the black dresses.

The colours looked incredible on the Red Carpet at the Golden Globes, but some Celebs decided not to play it safe and take some fashion risks for the big event.


I actually really like Nicole Richie's dress! She really pulls it off and looks super pretty. I really like the pastel and brighter blues mixed together to create a subtle vintage look. Lucy Liu took the biggest risk of the night in this floral number, but I actually thinks she pulls it off. It's definitely a marmite kind of dress, you either love it or hate it. Teamed with a fishtail side plait  and minimal jewellery she pulls this dress of perfectly and kudos to her for trying something different. 


Which outfit choices were your favourites of the night? Or are there any that are not on here that you think were worth a mention!
Enjoy Lovelies
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment