Monday 21 January 2013

Motivational Monday #7



Afternoon Lovelies!
Hope your Monday has been fabulous so far :)

I have a ridiculous amount of University work to get through, which includes my Dissertation, so this weeks Motivational Monday has to be short and sweet I'm afraid.

The other day I was reading through my past motivational Monday blogs and was nodding along with what I was saying and recognised the reasons for why I said it and it made me smile. However, have I actually done anything recently to follow my own advice? I'll be honest, no.


(My friend Jo tweeted this, this morning and therefore provided my motif for this blog)


I was having a really difficult day the other day and could simply find no motivation or inspiration of the day whatsoever - days like this are happening far too often to my liking, so, here is my promise. You guys of the bloggersphere are my witnesses. I promise to change this and do something to motivate myself everyday until the next Motivational Monday post where I will be able to be more positive and use this to create/write an incredible blog for you to read.

Although, I haven't told you guys. As I was feeling uninspired and a bit down in the dumps I was scrolling, mindlessly through Twitter when I came across a tweet by Propaganda (agency) who are looking for a project manager for their premium, make-up account, Illamasqua!!! How amazing is that? I absolutely love their make-up and the job sounded outstanding. But, as I was feeling rubbish I decided to ignore the link below to apply and just hit the 'quote retweet' button featuring the words 'this sounds amazing' to send to the rest of my followers. I then received a tweet from Propaganda themselves asking me for my CV as they would love to hear from me - wow! I mean they probably send similar stuff to anyone but I don't care. It was enough to give me the lift I needed that day and I did it. I hit the apply button, sent an email with my CV attached and I am waiting to here from them as I type. I have every feeling I won't get the job as I'm still at University and haven't got the years experience they are asking for, I only have a summers worth of experience, but I did it anyway. It gave me a great confidence boost and made the rest of the day seem manageable. This is a great example of how social media can be used as not only a practical and professional tool, but simply to make someones day. If you see something you like or admire on Twitter but don't necessarily know the tweetee - don't be afraid just to tweet them back and tell them. They will be extremely grateful and it gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling as you just completed your good deed of the day.



So, this time next week I want to be able to say to you guys;

 - I have written at least 2,000 words of my Dissertation and started looking into my Methodology.
 - I have started my next PR assignment, and (hopefully) written at least half.
 - I had a much needed weekend in and spent next to zero pounds to concentrate on my Uni work.
 - I sent at least 3 nice, random tweets to followers or not followers to make their day.
 - I will post a much longer and more motivational blog post.

Hope you have a great day lovelies & keep smiling :)
Hopeful
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment