Monday 7 January 2013

Motivational Monday #5


Morning Lovelies,
I know I haven't done a Motivational Monday post for a couple of weeks seen as its been Christmas/New Year and I've been working a lot.

But, there was no way I was missing today's post as I think we need it most today (especially me!).
It's back to Uni, college, school and work today so I can imagine, just like me, you're feeling a little bit down in the dumps about it, cannot believe how quickly the festive period came and gone and you just need something to put that spring back into your step. Well, I'm going to do my best to bring that spring back right now!

If there are any third year students out there like me you'll probably relate to what I'm about to say. (even school, college students and full time workers can relate to this just change it to suit your life)

So, January is upon us already, 2013 is in full swing and you can see the home stretch as it's SO SO close! Scary thought or what? I know in my head that these next few months are going to be a hard slog - I need to screw my head back on and seriously work my butt off in order to achieve my 2:1. However, it's easier said than done. Although I know I seriously need to pull my finger out and work hard... I just have absolutely no motivation to do so and I don't know why? Everything I have ever worked for has brought me to this moment and now it's here, I'm not sure I want it. I know I'm not stupid otherwise I wouldn't have got into Uni in the first place & be doing steadily well. I, also know, that I'm good at what I do. I've found my niche, my calling if you like, in the world of PR and Media and I'm really looking forward to delving into that world once I've finished. But the hard work just seems impossible and quite frankly, pointless. The rumours that surround students & degrees is whether or not you will amount to something & your degree will get you to the place you want and need to be, OR, it doesn't mean diddly squat and you're placed in the same category as everyone else wondering whether the last three years of your life was a complete waste of time?

Excuse my French, but, BULLSHIT!
You are where you are because you're supposed to be and if you're like me you're not a quitter. So what if some companies/employers don't think you're degree is necessary - fine! They're probably not worth working for. Even if you feel like you have wasted three years of your life as you still can't put a finger on what you have learnt or still don't know what you want to do as a career? So what?! There are more points worth thinking about. If the academic side of your degree isn't appealing to you as an ultimate achievement, although it should, think of the other perks. The fact you have stuck something out, whether you liked it or not, and actually achieved something at the end of it that no one can ever take away from you! You're a graduated student with a degree attached to your belt, some new letters to go at the end of your name and a huge congratulations on your CV. A degree not only shows your level of academia (which I personally think is ridiculous, you could be ace at writing essays/exams but awful at practice and visa versa, but hey ho!) it shows your commitment to something worth sticking out even at times when it felt like it wasn't, your hard work and how for three years, regardless of your final grade, you worked for it and achieved what you were supposed to achieve. And not forgetting your social skills? as without these communicating as mere human beings let alone as an employee or representative for a company would be extremely difficult. Not to mention, the friends you have made and the people you have met along the way - every single one of them shaping you into the person you are today. So pat yourself on the back for staying up until ungodly hours to finish assignments and for enjoying a few games of beer pong, going out into town every student night and waking up at 9am for that early morning lecture even if it was only one time. You stuck at something, cared about it enough to work for it and have a pretty awesome thing at the end - unlike some people!
So, the next time you think your degree means nothing, that you have wasted three years of your life and you should have quit the last time you said it - stop! It does mean something, it should mean something to you, regardless of if it does to anyone else. It's yours, you worked for it, earnt it, now go and live it!


Enjoy your first day back lovelies, no matter what happens just keep smiling! :)
Hopeful
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment