Wednesday 2 January 2013

Outfit Post #6

Hey Lovelies!
Hope you're all well and have had a great Christmas/New Year.
I thought I would share with you another one of my outfit choices - I wore this to my Uncles 50th Birthday drinks. It was rather a casual affair at a local pub so wasn't much need for dressing up but I did anyway because its my favourite thing to do.

I decided to wear a faithful outfit choice that many girls/women have rocked over this season and that is a Peplum top & Pencil Skirt! I absolutely adore both these items as they are classic and can be wore with many different items of clothing, dressed up or down. Secondly, I also love these pieces because they suit my body shape perfectly and accentuate my 'curves'.

I'll be honest with you guys now; I absolutely HATE the word curves. 
Always have done and always will do.
I just think its a rather insulting word to use to describe a womans body - I sometimes feel its a nice way of calling someone fat especially when a super skinny, model type girl says it to you. So patronising. I love my body shape don't get me wrong & I wouldn't change it for the world - I love having a bum and legs that don't look like pieces of string and could snap at any moment in heels but I just wish there was a nicer way of admiring someones body shape.

Anyway, I decided to wear a lace peplum top which is from Primark and a steal at £6. I have been searching high & low for a black peplum top and finally found one. I really like the lace detail as it gives the trend a different twist. My pencil skirt was purchased with a gift card that I have got for Christmas from Topshop - again a pretty good bargain at only £20. The pencil skirts from Topshop are double lined so they are made from lovely material and cling to your best assets (excuse the pun) perfectly. They also come in a range of colours - My collection consists of Green, Black & Burgundy. They go with everything!! They're my favourite things in my wardrobe right now.


I have had my eye on this jacket for a while now and finally had the perfect excuse to buy it - Christmas Money! This is also from Primark at a reasonable £25. I love the vintage, Victorian feel to this jacket but how it has been modernised by resembling a biker jacket complete with gold zip.This is perfect for me as I don't really like wearing big coats so it will keep the chill off when I'm out and about. However, the only thing is, is that the sizes are really tiny! So I had to invest in the next size up so it felt comfortable and not feel like its about to rip every time I move.

My shoes are from Office! As many of you may know this is where I work part time so I do get some pretty awesome discount. They retail at £70 but thanks to my wonderful boss who rewarded us all with a double discount for working all over Christmas I got them at an amazing £21!!! Absolutely chuffed!!! Definitely my bargain of the year.


I decided to put my hair up in a big bun (mainly because I couldn't be bothered to wash my hair, tramp I know!) and keep my make-up to a minimum by only wearing small false eyelashes completed with a green eyeliner flick.



Hope you like my outfit! I personally think its one of my favourites to date :)
Enjoy,
Hopeful
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment