Monday 28 January 2013

Mission: Beach Body is a go!



Good Morning Lovelies!
Hope you have all had a great weekend :) I had a really lovely, not planned weekend. I was planning a nice, quiet weekend and stay in but ended up going round to my friends house for an evening of jolliness and Karaoke - it was such a good night!

Back to the point of this blog.
It's official. I have finally started my Beach Body mission. I'm on a strict diet and exercise regime in order to be fit and ready for my holidays this summer - and for once, I'm really excited about losing weight!

If you're anything like me the thought of going on a diet and exercising is a effort in itself without actually doing anything. I dread going on diets because I love food too much! And I'm pretty lazy when it comes to exercising. 

Over the past few years, from when I was around 15/16 I started to become obsessed with the way I looked and how much I weighed. As a child I was always very chubby and was often bullied over it so when  I got old enough, and therefore cared enough, I decided to change it. I started exercising a lot - like 5 times a week for an hour or more each time as the gym at school was easy to use and free! I also started eating less. Don't worry I didn't end up going too far & I wasn't silly about it, but when you're younger things like that are so easy because they are easy to do. Like I said, the gym was free! and I got regular dinner money so I could only spend what I had and opted for smaller portions or sometimes just a bottle of water and a small sandwich, actually I remember most of the time only having a cookie and a bottle of water for my lunch during school. So I ended up losing a lot of weight. I went from being a size 12/14 to a 8/10, the jibes and name calling stopped and I became very confident, but, my obsession began to escalate. I then left school and went off to college and my whole world was turned upside down. There was no longer a gym available, a free on that is, and the canteen was full of hashbrowns, chips and boys! I then became very relaxed but stayed the same size for a long time during college, I didn't lose anymore but I didn't really gain anything either even though my eating habits changed. I honestly couldn't tell you the point where I started to gain weight or when I noticed I had. But I gained weight, gained a dress size and gained a boyfriend. 

I got into a relationship and became very happy, which meant I became even more comfortable! I noticed I had gained weight during my relationship but never really cared too much. I used to say it a lot but never do anything about it! My boyfriend still fancied me and told me how gorgeous, beautiful, amazing I looked on a regular basis so I didn't need to obsess about it as much as my younger self. Then, as relationships do, it came to an end and I then went into mass self loathing. Noticed every bit of weight gain, every lump and bump and how I really wasn't the person I thought I was. So, here I am! I am still very confident and the older I have got I have realised just how much I love my body and my body shape but now I'm ready to get back into the whole exercise and diet thing. I'm really excited about this journey and I know I will get back to the girl I used to be! I just want to lose inches and tone up. I don't believe in weighing myself. I know I have demons about my weight and always will do so why would I fuel that? All I'm bothered about it how I feel about myself. How I feel when I look in the mirror. How I feel when I put my favourite dresses on. How I feel when I walk down the street. How I feel around other people.

I'm ready! Let's get started!
I started my diet yesterday and so far so good. Ok, so I felt very hungry by around 3ish. I reckon the first few days will be about getting to know how hungry I get and how much I need to snack between meals but I can't wait to get into it. I'm on the Juice Plus diet and I've only heard amazing things about it! For the first 4-6 weeks I am to drink a shake for Breakfast and Lunch, have healthy snacks in between and a healthy Dinner. Plus, regular exercise! I'm going to blog about my highs & lows, my successes and failures and hopefully I'll be able to show off my end result in a gorgeous, hot, sunny country, in a bikini and drinking a cocktail!



This is the Juice Plus shake! They come in two different flavours - Vanilla and Chocolate. I did ask for a mixture in my order but unfortunately only got Vanilla but its fine and I'm still going to stick to it.




There are a variety of different drinks that can be mixed with it. I have chosen the Alpro Soya Hazelnut drink - It makes the shake rather sweet so it is pretty easy to drink and get down you in the mornings. I would be lying if I said it tasted amazing but I reckon its just a taste that I will get used to.

I'm looking forward to getting started and blogging about my progress throughout!
Wish me luck Lovelies! :)

Hopeful
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have done a protein shake diet before and lost 7lbs in one week!

    Bought the 30 day shred and my bikini body mission starts today right until I go away in June...no more sweets or chocolate I will be ripped!

    Would be great if you would take a look at my latest outfit post: Sports Luxe Stripes & Trainer Wedges Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - well done you! :) I'm going away in June too and hoping to be beach body ready by then! I'm no sweets/chocolate atm but finding it SO hard. I have a major sweet tooth!

    I definitely will! xx

    ReplyDelete